Size: 405 bytes
md5_file hash: 105545b5e9226c0bbeec70e1cf153475
First released: 1 March, 2009 - 11:19
Last updated: 1 March, 2009 - 15:59
Continuing the recent weekly tradition, 0.9.4 is out with two exciting new features: GL3.0 and Joystick support.
Both are very much a work in progress, so please test and report any Gremlin that crosses your path.
Known limitations: no joystick on Mac OS X and no GL3.0 context on Linux or Mac OS X (you can thank Ati for this). These will be added in the following releases.
Other, less interesting changes include:
- A new OpenGL Extension Viewer available as "Test: Extensions" in Examples.exe.
- A fix for the GL1.1 TextPrinter fallback.
- Metadata for
OpenTK.Graphics.GLmembers (entry points, OpenGL version and extension for each GL method).
- Improved release packages with smaller footprint, a better QuickStart solution.
- Improved build system (you can build OpenTK now without using the commandline).
No breaking changes in this release, either.
With those things out of the way, OpenTK is roughly feature-complete and it's time to focus on the details: fill in the missing bits, make the API conform to the class library guidelines and tune performance. How would you prioritize the following tasks?
- Improve GL3.0 support.
- Improve joystick support (force-feedback).
- Improve mouse & keyboard support (make it independent of the GameWindow, allow mulitple keyboards / mice).
- Improve the GameWindow (implement missing functionality).
- Improve the public API (make sure everything is consistent with the guidelines).
- Improve documentation (API documentation and tutorials).
- Improve distribution (remove the need for OpenTK.dll.config, sign OpenTK.dll).
- Improve speed.
- Other (what?)
Please share, to help drive OpenTK development.