OpenTK 1.1.2 was released on 19 May 2014.
It contains performance and stability improvements and synchronizes the OpenGL and OpenGL ES bindings with the May 2014 Khronos specifications.
- New Cocoa backend for Mac OS X, with support for OpenGL 4.x and retina displays. Huge thanks to Ollhax for implementing the backend from scratch, including the necessary Cocoa bindings!
- Custom hardware cursors are now supported: INativeWindow.Cursor = new MouseCursor(...)
- Up to 2000% improvement in binding loading speed. The exact numbers depend on the operating system and hardware configuration. On a Nvidia 650M GPU and a 2.3GHz processor:
- Linux: 6.5ms instead of 45ms
- MacOS: 9.5ms instead of 165ms
- Win64: 5.9ms instead of 108ms
- new INativeWindow.MouseMove, MouseUp, MouseDown and MouseWheel events
- new OpenTK.Mouse.GetCursorPos() API to retrieve the state of the system cursor
- all mouse event arguments now carry the current MouseState
- support for non-US layouts on Linux/X11
- all keyboard event arguments now carry the current KeyboardState
- all keyboard event arguments now report the correct KeyModifiers state
OpenTK 1.1.2 is backwards compatible with 1.1.1. Users of previous versions are encouraged to upgrade.
The SDL2 backend has a number of limitations compared to the native platform backends. In particular, SDL2 does not support:
- OpenTK.GLControl. OpenTK will automatically use a native platform backend instead.
- DisplayDevice.ChangeResolution() without a fullscreen INativeWindow.
- changing INativeWindow.WindowBorder once a window is created.
- high-resolution mouse input. Additionally, it is limited to a single keyboard and mouse device.
OpenTK could use your help in any of the following areas:
- Tutorials for OpenGL 3.x and 4.x. Click here for inspiration
- New platforms:
- Native Client (NaCL)
- Raspberry PI (EGL without X11)
- WinRT (via ANGLE)
- New features:
- Input Method Editors (IMEs)
- USB HID joystick backend (Windows, Linux)
If you encounter a bug or a crash, please report it at https://github.com/opentk/opentk/issues