Size: 431 bytes
md5_file hash: cc300b4216f5bc26f5eb3e8906554404
First released: 4 August, 2009 - 10:48
Last updated: 4 August, 2009 - 10:50
The Open Toolkit 0.9.9-1 Beta
This is the first preview release of what will become OpenTK 1.0. Major changes:
* Initial OpenGL ES support
* OpenCL bugfixes.
* Math API improvements.
* Internal improvements to DisplayDevice and DisplayResolution.
Please note that this is a work-in-progress snapshot release and should only be used for testing purposes.
Visit http://www.opentk.com to report issues or request features.
#744: OpenAL History
#917: [Graphics] FSAA parameter is ignored
#955: [Examples] Add forward-compatible OpenGL 3.0 example
#964: [OpenCL] Bitfields should be mapped to 'long' not 'int'
#1005: Using TextPrinterOptions.Default does not allow text to change color
#1032: [Audio] Crash in AudioContext::CreateContext on x64
#1035: [Audio] SoundData's internal buffer size
#1037: [GL,Math] let GL.Uniform4 support Quaternion
#1050: I think... bug with "TextPrinter".
#1060: Wrong XML Comment on the W property in Vector4[d]
Mono 2.2 and 2.4 fail to compile this release (bug report: https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=488960). Please compile with Mono 2.0 or 2.4.2+, or use the precompiled binaries.
OpenTK.Graphics.TextPrinter fails to render text with newlines or a layout rectangle on Mono. This is a Mono GDI+ bug.
Example documentation may not show up correctly when running on Mono. This is a Mono issue with RTF parsing.
Joystick input is not supported on MacOS at this time.
OpenGL 3.0 is not supported on MacOS at this time.
The new GameWindow implementation may not function correctly on Mac OS X.
Please note that binary compatibility is not preserved between beta releases.
1. The OpenTK.Math namespace no longer exists. Please replace all references by 'OpenTK'. This can be easily achieved with the following Search & Replace operations:
'using OpenTK.Math;' -> 'using OpenTK;'
'OpenTK.Math.' -> 'OpenTK.'
2. OpenCL bitfields are now mapped to 'long' instead of 'int'. Casts from [Flags] enums to 'int' may now fail. Please avoid such casts or use 'long' instead.
1. GameWindow.Resize and GameWindow.OnResize have changed signatures:
ResizeEventHandler Resize(object, ResizeEventArgs) -> EventHandler Resize(object, EventArgs)
OnResize(ResizeEventArgs) -> OnResize(EventArgs)
Please replace all instances of "ResizeEventHandler" by "EventHandler and replace "e.Width" / "e.Height" by "this.Width" and "this.Height".
2. All GameWindow.On* functions are now 'protected' instead of 'public'.
Please mark all relevant overrides as 'protected'.
3. Glu is now marked as deprecated.
Please use OpenTK instead.
4. OpenTK.Input.[Keyboard|Mouse|Joystick]Device are marked as obsolete.
Please continue using these classes normally. A future update will provide a much more versatile input API.
1. Parameters of OpenTK.Graphics.GL.GetShaderSource have been changed: you should now pass a single StringBuilder instead of a StringBuilder array.
2. Parameters of OpenTK.Graphics.GL.GetUniformIndices have been changed: you should now pass a string array instead of a single string.
2. Parameters of OpenTK.Graphics.GL.TransformFeedbackVaryings have been changed: you should now pass a string array instead of a single string.
This release renames GL.GetBoolea to the correct GL.GetBoolean.
1. OpenTK 0.9.8 replaces several instances of the "All" and "Version*" enums with strongly-typed equivalents. This is a breaking change. If you are affected by this change, replace these enums with the ones suggested by your compiler.
The 'v' suffix has been removed from several OpenTK.Graphics.GL functions. Please search and replace any of the following functions (list non-inclusive):
Uniform1v -> Uniform1
Materialv -> Material
Lightv -> Light
2. Several instances of the "Version12" enum have been replaced with strongly-typed equivalents. This is a breaking change that affects programs using the imaging subset of OpenGL 1.2.
If you are affected by this change, please replace all relevant instances of "Version12" with the correct enum, as indicated by your compiler.
3. OpenTK 0.9.8 removes several OpenGL overloads that take arrays of a single item. This is a breaking change. If you are affected by this change, please use the 'ref' or 'out' overload for the relevant function.
OpenTK 0.9.7 replaces several instances of the "All" and "Version30" enums with strongly-typed equivalents. This is a breaking change that potentially affects programs using OpenGL 3.0 functionality. If you are affected by this change, please replace the relevant instances of "All" or "Version30" with the correct enum, as reported by your IDE.
OpenTK 0.9.7 also fixes the naming of several core and extension functions ending in "Instanced", "Indexed" or "Varyings". If you are affected by this change, please add the missing 'd' or 's' to the relevant functions.
------------------------- OpenTK 0.9.9 -> 0.9.9-1 ------------------------- + OpenTK + Enabled documentation generation in debug builds. + Added several missing XML comments to OpenTK.Input, OpenTK.Audio, OpenTK.Math and other namespaces. + Audio + AL.Lib is now internal, not public. + Compute + Bitfields are now mapped to 'long' instead of 'int'. + GLControl + Removed unused code. + Input + Added Mouse and Keyboard stubs for the new input API. + Added common alternative names to OpenTK.Input.Key (e.g. LControl, RControl, ...) + Removed None and MaxKeys tokens from OpenTK.Input.Key. Adde Unknown token. + Math + Namespace OpenTK.Math no longer exists. Math functions are now placed directly inside the OpenTK namespace. + Matrix4.Frustum was obsoleted in favor of Matrix4.CreatePerspectiveOffCenter. + Matrix4.Perspective was obsoleted in favor of Matrix4.CreatePerspectiveFieldOfView.