After several months of development, I'm uploading the first demo of my 3-rd iteration engine.
Found this model in free access on the internet: 20k vertexes, 52 bones.
- Rendering it in 6.5 passes:
- (0.5) applying skinning via TransformFeedback
- (1) filling depth buffer (early z-cull)
- (1) filling color buffer with emissive component
- (2) filling exponential shadow maps for 2 lights
- (2h) applying these 2 lights contribution
Render result is almost indistinguishable from Blender rendering, but still there is work to do with lighting (specular component seems to be higher than it should).
Performance is constant 250 fps on Radeon 4670 HD regardless of a window size.
Of course, deferred Render will fit *much* better to render this high-poly model, and it's now in development.
Anyway the engine aims primarily for low-poly models with parallax maps, so deferring is not strongly necessary.
Engine's features can be found near the download page.
Hope it will run on your machine... Enjoy!