Size: 475 bytes
md5_file hash: dc689a0415d3294ac65074b95223d8c6
First released: 17 November, 2009 - 10:33
Last updated: 17 November, 2009 - 15:29
This is the second beta release of OpenTK 1.0. This release a laarge number of issues identified in the first beta. Additionally, it:
- improves support for Mac OS Χ (multiple monitors, dock integration, input focus and more).
- allows OpenTK to run on *BSD, Solaris and other Unix variants.
- fixes a timing issue that caused UpdateFrame events to be raised up to 50% faster than necessary.
- adds a number of missing tokens for OpenGL 3.1 and 3.2.
- fixes mouse movement on windows and adds support for fractional wheel values (available in high-precision mice).
- fixes and optimizes quaternion-vector transforms.
- further improves multithreading support on Linux.
- works around a Visual Studio bug, which caused a number of OpenGL wrappers to disappear from intellisense.
Visit http://www.opentk.com for the latest news and information on the Open Toolkit.
#805: [GameWindow] GameWindow.Size property on Mac OS X
#1098: [Bind] Work around VS bug by ensuring pointer parameters are generated last
#1162: GL.GenerateMipmap argument
#1166: VertexAttribIPointer pointer type parameter
#1216: [GL] GetActiveUniformBlock* methods take ArbUniformBufferObject parameters
#1279: Mouse wheel does not seem to work
#1324: Using second monitor on Mac OSX Snow Leopard
#1354: Application always run in windowed mode when using shared contexts
#1355: TextureRectangle tokens for ActiveUniformType
#1364: 1.0 beta-1 throws TypeInitializationException in OpenTK.Platform.X11.API when running on windows
#1367: Vector contains C# 3.0 code
#1372: [Math] Vector transformation by Quaternion follows non-standard quaternion math convention
#1373: [Math] optimize Vector transform by Quaternion
#1376: mouse position
#1378: OpenGL Extensions test fails
#1382: OpenTK and other Unix OS
#1386: Add overloads for TexCoordPointer and NormalPointer
Please report any issues you encounter at http://www.opentk.com/node/add/project-issue/opentk
- The Mac OS X port needs testing. If you encounter a bug, please report it at http://www.opentk.com/node/add/project-issue/opentk.
- OpenGL 3.1 and 3.2 fucntions may be missing specific tokens. Please report any such issues at http://www.opentk.com/node/add/project-issue/opentk
- Mono 2.2 and 2.4.0 fail to compile OpenTK due to a compiler bug (https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=488960). Please compile with Mono 2.0, 2.4.2+ or use the supplied binaries instead.
- The example browser is a work-in-progress.
- MonoDevelop fails to sign assemblies (bugs https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=484752 and https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=537063).
Please note that binary compatibility is not preserved between beta releases.
If you are upgrading from OpenTK 0.9.9-0 or earlier you can simplify the upgrade process by adding a reference to OpenTK.Compatibility.dll and OpenTK.GLControl.dll (if necessary). OpenTK.Compatibility contains code and APIs that have been deprecated and removed from the core library and supports applications written against the Tao framework (Tao.OpenGl, Tao.OpenAl and Tao.Platform.Windows.SimpleOpenGlControl).
1. NormalPointer(..., int) and FogCoordPointer(..., int) overloads no longer specify a 'size' argument.
Solution: this is the correct signature, the 'size' argument found in previous OpenTK versions was invalid. This bug is unlikely to appear in practice.
1. Compiler errors in OpenTK.Graphics.ES20 about missing "All" enums.
Solution: The ES20 namespace now contains proper, type-safe enums, similar to the OpenGL and OpenAL namespaces. Please replaces all instances of the All enum by the enums suggested by your compiler.
2. DisplayDevice.AvailableDevices and AvailableResolutions now return IList and IList instead of DisplayDevice and DisplayResolution, respectively.
Solution: Please store the return value in an IList variable, instead of T (where T may be DisplayDevice or DisplayResolution). This issue is unlikely to come up in practice.
3. OpenGL|ES 1.0, 1.1 and OpenCL namespaces are missing.
Solution: These namespaces were not finalized in time for OpenTK 1.0 will be distributed as separate libraries. Please upgrade to the latest 1.x-dev release in http://www.opentk.com/project/opentk.
1. OpenTK.Matrix4d no longer contains an [int, int] indexer.
Solution: there is no solution at this time. If you were using this indexer, please file an issue report at http://www.opentk.com/node/add/project-issue
2. OpenTK.Graphics.ES20.GetProgramInfoLog now takes a StringBuilder instead of an 'out string' parameter.
Solution: the previous signature was incorrect. Please create and pass a StringBuilder to this method.
3. A number of OpenTK.Graphics.OpenGL 3.2 methods now take strongly-typed enums instead of the 'All' enum.
Solution: please replace the All enum by the correct one, as indicated by the compiler error.
4. GameWindow OnLoad and OnUnload methods are now protected instead of public.
Solution: change the access qualifier to protected when overriding these methods.
1. OpenTK.Utilities assembly no longer exists.
Solution: add a reference to OpenTK.Compatibility.
2. OpenTK.GLControl no longer exists in OpenTK.dll.
Solution: add a reference to OpenTK.GLControl.
3. OpenTK.Graphics.GL has been moved to OpenTK.Graphics.OpenGL.GL.
Solution: add a reference to OpenTK.Compatibility or change the relevant qualifiers from OpenTK.Graphics to OpenTK.Graphics.OpenGL or add a using directive for OpenTK.Graphics.OpenGL.
4. OpenTK.Audio.AL has been moved to OpenTK.Audio.OpenAL.AL.
Solution: add a reference to OpenTK.Compatibility or change the relevant qualifiers from OpenTK.Audio to OpenTK.Audio.OpenAL or add a using directive for OpenTK.Audio.OpenAL.
5. GameWindow events are no longer raised if the relevant On* method is overriden.
Solution: ensure that you call "base.On*" when you override one of the "On*" methods (e.g. OnLoad).
6. GameWindow OnLoad and OnUnload methods are now protected instead of public.
Solution: change the access qualifier to protected for overriding methods.
7. DisplayResolution and DisplayDevice classes have been moved from OpenTK.Graphics into the root OpenTK namespace.
Solution: change the relevant using directives and qualifiers from OpenTK.Graphics to OpenTK.
8. TextPrinter is marked as deprecated.
Solution: there is no solution at this time. The TextPrinter will continue to work as expected but is need of a dedicated maintainer.
9. Tao.OpenGl, Tao.OpenAl and Tao.Platform.Windows.SimpleOpenGlControl are marked as deprecated.
Solution: use core OpenTK classes if possible. The Tao namespaces are only offered for compatibility with existing applications and new projects should avoid using them.
1. The OpenTK.Math namespace no longer exists. Please replace all references by 'OpenTK'. This can be easily achieved with the following Search & Replace operations:
'using OpenTK.Math;' -> 'using OpenTK;'
'OpenTK.Math.' -> 'OpenTK.'
2. OpenCL bitfields are now mapped to 'long' instead of 'int'. Casts from [Flags] enums to 'int' may now fail. Please avoid such casts or use 'long' instead.
1. GameWindow.Resize and GameWindow.OnResize have changed signatures:
ResizeEventHandler Resize(object, ResizeEventArgs) -> EventHandler Resize(object, EventArgs)
OnResize(ResizeEventArgs) -> OnResize(EventArgs)
Please replace all instances of "ResizeEventHandler" by "EventHandler and replace "e.Width" / "e.Height" by "this.Width" and "this.Height".
2. All GameWindow.On* functions are now 'protected' instead of 'public'.
Please mark all relevant overrides as 'protected'.
3. Glu is now marked as deprecated.
Please use OpenTK instead.
4. OpenTK.Input.[Keyboard|Mouse|Joystick]Device are marked as obsolete.
Please continue using these classes normally. A future update will provide a much more versatile input API.
1. Parameters of OpenTK.Graphics.GL.GetShaderSource have been changed: you should now pass a single StringBuilder instead of a StringBuilder array.
2. Parameters of OpenTK.Graphics.GL.GetUniformIndices have been changed: you should now pass a string array instead of a single string.
2. Parameters of OpenTK.Graphics.GL.TransformFeedbackVaryings have been changed: you should now pass a string array instead of a single string.
This release renames GL.GetBoolea to the correct GL.GetBoolean.
1. OpenTK 0.9.8 replaces several instances of the "All" and "Version*" enums with strongly-typed equivalents. This is a breaking change. If you are affected by this change, replace these enums with the ones suggested by your compiler.
The 'v' suffix has been removed from several OpenTK.Graphics.GL functions. Please search and replace any of the following functions (list non-inclusive):
Uniform1v -> Uniform1
Materialv -> Material
Lightv -> Light
2. Several instances of the "Version12" enum have been replaced with strongly-typed equivalents. This is a breaking change that affects programs using the imaging subset of OpenGL 1.2.
If you are affected by this change, please replace all relevant instances of "Version12" with the correct enum, as indicated by your compiler.
3. OpenTK 0.9.8 removes several OpenGL overloads that take arrays of a single item. This is a breaking change. If you are affected by this change, please use the 'ref' or 'out' overload for the relevant function.
OpenTK 0.9.7 replaces several instances of the "All" and "Version30" enums with strongly-typed equivalents. This is a breaking change that potentially affects programs using OpenGL 3.0 functionality. If you are affected by this change, please replace the relevant instances of "All" or "Version30" with the correct enum, as reported by your IDE.
OpenTK 0.9.7 also fixes the naming of several core and extension functions ending in "Instanced", "Indexed" or "Varyings". If you are affected by this change, please add the missing 'd' or 's' to the relevant functions.