md5_file hash: e76da19cd2296a302475c77aaa82440f
First released: 6 October, 2010 - 17:13
Last updated: 6 October, 2010 - 20:42
This is the October 2010 release for the 1.0 series. Notable changes:
* New MSBuild-based build system with automated versioning, zip and nsis generation. Build.exe is no longer required.
* Significantly improved nsis installation script.
* Improved stability on Ati drivers.
* Improved example browser and documentation.
* Improved support for compilation on Mono.
* Various smaller bugfixes.
Visit http://www.opentk.com for the latest news and information on the Open Toolkit.
#1498: [CL] ContextProperties should be mapped to IntPtr, not int
#1585: Mouse focus in GameWindow when in Windowed mode
#1673: Add oalinst to windows installer
#1680: Examples fail to compile
#1746: GetCurrentContext null
#1765: Title not set in native X11 window
#1881: Constructor 'public Vector4d(Vector3 v, double w)' has wrong type for 'v'
#1874: OpenTK can sometimes fail to share contexts
Please report any issues you encounter at http://www.opentk.com/node/add/project-issue/opentk
* Visual Studio 2005 and 2008 are no longer supported. Please use Visual Studio 2010 or MonoDevelop 2.4 to edit OpenTK. The project can also be built from the commandline (see documentation).
* The Mac OS X port needs more testing. If you encounter a bug, please report it at http://www.opentk.com/node/add/project-issue/opentk.
* OpenGL 3.1 and 3.2 fucntions may be missing specific tokens. Please report any such issues at http://www.opentk.com/node/add/project-issue/opentk
* Mono 2.2 and 2.4.0 fail to compile OpenTK due to a compiler bug (https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=488960). Please compile with Mono 2.0, 2.4.2+ or use the supplied binaries instead.
* XBuild <= 2.4.3 fails to build OpenTK. Please use XBuild 2.6.0 or newer.
Please note that binary compatibility is not preserved between beta releases.
If you are upgrading from OpenTK 0.9.9-0 or earlier you can simplify the upgrade process by adding a reference to OpenTK.Compatibility.dll and OpenTK.GLControl.dll (if necessary). OpenTK.Compatibility contains code and APIs that have been deprecated and removed from the core library and supports applications written against the Tao framework (Tao.OpenGl, Tao.OpenAl and Tao.Platform.Windows.SimpleOpenGlControl).
[1.0 - 6 October 2010]
No API changes.
No API changes.
No API changes.
1. NormalPointer(..., int) and FogCoordPointer(..., int) overloads no longer specify a 'size' argument.
Solution: this is the correct signature, the 'size' argument found in previous OpenTK versions was invalid. This bug is unlikely to appear in practice.
1. Compiler errors in OpenTK.Graphics.ES20 about missing "All" enums.
Solution: The ES20 namespace now contains proper, type-safe enums, similar to the OpenGL and OpenAL namespaces. Please replaces all instances of the All enum by the enums suggested by your compiler.
2. DisplayDevice.AvailableDevices and AvailableResolutions now return IList and IList instead of DisplayDevice and DisplayResolution, respectively.
Solution: Please store the return value in an IList variable, instead of T (where T may be DisplayDevice or DisplayResolution). This issue is unlikely to come up in practice.
3. OpenGL|ES 1.0, 1.1 and OpenCL namespaces are missing.
Solution: These namespaces were not finalized in time for OpenTK 1.0 will be distributed as separate libraries. Please upgrade to the latest 1.x-dev release in http://www.opentk.com/project/opentk.
1. OpenTK.Matrix4d no longer contains an [int, int] indexer.
Solution: there is no solution at this time. If you were using this indexer, please file an issue report at http://www.opentk.com/node/add/project-issue
2. OpenTK.Graphics.ES20.GetProgramInfoLog now takes a StringBuilder instead of an 'out string' parameter.
Solution: the previous signature was incorrect. Please create and pass a StringBuilder to this method.
3. A number of OpenTK.Graphics.OpenGL 3.2 methods now take strongly-typed enums instead of the 'All' enum.
Solution: please replace the All enum by the correct one, as indicated by the compiler error.
4. GameWindow OnLoad and OnUnload methods are now protected instead of public.
Solution: change the access qualifier to protected when overriding these methods.
1. OpenTK.Utilities assembly no longer exists.
Solution: add a reference to OpenTK.Compatibility.
2. OpenTK.GLControl no longer exists in OpenTK.dll.
Solution: add a reference to OpenTK.GLControl.
3. OpenTK.Graphics.GL has been moved to OpenTK.Graphics.OpenGL.GL.
Solution: add a reference to OpenTK.Compatibility or change the relevant qualifiers from OpenTK.Graphics to OpenTK.Graphics.OpenGL or add a using directive for OpenTK.Graphics.OpenGL.
4. OpenTK.Audio.AL has been moved to OpenTK.Audio.OpenAL.AL.
Solution: add a reference to OpenTK.Compatibility or change the relevant qualifiers from OpenTK.Audio to OpenTK.Audio.OpenAL or add a using directive for OpenTK.Audio.OpenAL.
5. GameWindow events are no longer raised if the relevant On* method is overriden.
Solution: ensure that you call "base.On*" when you override one of the "On*" methods (e.g. OnLoad).
6. GameWindow OnLoad and OnUnload methods are now protected instead of public.
Solution: change the access qualifier to protected for overriding methods.
7. DisplayResolution and DisplayDevice classes have been moved from OpenTK.Graphics into the root OpenTK namespace.
Solution: change the relevant using directives and qualifiers from OpenTK.Graphics to OpenTK.
8. TextPrinter is marked as deprecated.
Solution: there is no solution at this time. The TextPrinter will continue to work as expected but is need of a dedicated maintainer.
9. Tao.OpenGl, Tao.OpenAl and Tao.Platform.Windows.SimpleOpenGlControl are marked as deprecated.
Solution: use core OpenTK classes if possible. The Tao namespaces are only offered for compatibility with existing applications and new projects should avoid using them.
1. The OpenTK.Math namespace no longer exists. Please replace all references by 'OpenTK'. This can be easily achieved with the following Search & Replace operations:
'using OpenTK.Math;' -> 'using OpenTK;'
'OpenTK.Math.' -> 'OpenTK.'
2. OpenCL bitfields are now mapped to 'long' instead of 'int'. Casts from [Flags] enums to 'int' may now fail. Please avoid such casts or use 'long' instead.
1. GameWindow.Resize and GameWindow.OnResize have changed signatures:
ResizeEventHandler Resize(object, ResizeEventArgs) -> EventHandler Resize(object, EventArgs)
OnResize(ResizeEventArgs) -> OnResize(EventArgs)
Please replace all instances of "ResizeEventHandler" by "EventHandler and replace "e.Width" / "e.Height" by "this.Width" and "this.Height".
2. All GameWindow.On* functions are now 'protected' instead of 'public'.
Please mark all relevant overrides as 'protected'.
3. Glu is now marked as deprecated.
Please use OpenTK instead.
4. OpenTK.Input.[Keyboard|Mouse|Joystick]Device are marked as obsolete.
Please continue using these classes normally. A future update will provide a much more versatile input API.
1. Parameters of OpenTK.Graphics.GL.GetShaderSource have been changed: you should now pass a single StringBuilder instead of a StringBuilder array.
2. Parameters of OpenTK.Graphics.GL.GetUniformIndices have been changed: you should now pass a string array instead of a single string.
2. Parameters of OpenTK.Graphics.GL.TransformFeedbackVaryings have been changed: you should now pass a string array instead of a single string.
This release renames GL.GetBoolea to the correct GL.GetBoolean.
1. OpenTK 0.9.8 replaces several instances of the "All" and "Version*" enums with strongly-typed equivalents. This is a breaking change. If you are affected by this change, replace these enums with the ones suggested by your compiler.
The 'v' suffix has been removed from several OpenTK.Graphics.GL functions. Please search and replace any of the following functions (list non-inclusive):
Uniform1v -> Uniform1
Materialv -> Material
Lightv -> Light
2. Several instances of the "Version12" enum have been replaced with strongly-typed equivalents. This is a breaking change that affects programs using the imaging subset of OpenGL 1.2.
If you are affected by this change, please replace all relevant instances of "Version12" with the correct enum, as indicated by your compiler.
3. OpenTK 0.9.8 removes several OpenGL overloads that take arrays of a single item. This is a breaking change. If you are affected by this change, please use the 'ref' or 'out' overload for the relevant function.
OpenTK 0.9.7 replaces several instances of the "All" and "Version30" enums with strongly-typed equivalents. This is a breaking change that potentially affects programs using OpenGL 3.0 functionality. If you are affected by this change, please replace the relevant instances of "All" or "Version30" with the correct enum, as reported by your IDE.
OpenTK 0.9.7 also fixes the naming of several core and extension functions ending in "Instanced", "Indexed" or "Varyings". If you are affected by this change, please add the missing 'd' or 's' to the relevant functions.