Posted Wednesday, 15 August, 2012 - 19:34 by james_lohr in
First released: 15 August, 2012 - 19:34
=========================== 1.0.2 ===========================
- When TransformToViewport is enabled for a font, but QFont.Begin/End are not called, the font will now be rendered at the correct size
- Measuring text no longer sets the color and binds the texture, nor does it set a blend function
- Reload() method added for reloading a qfont objects. This is useful when using pixel-perfect fonts which need to be regenerated when changing the screen resolution.
- QFont now correctly implements IDisposable correctly. Note: QFont objects should be explicitly exposed by the application if it required that the underlying OpenGL textures be freed during runtime.
- Removed QFont.RefreshViewport(). In its place, the following have been added which add additional functionality and flexibility:
- Added QFont.InvalidateViewport() - Invalidates the viewport cached by QFont, causing it to be read again on the next QFont.Begin()
- Added QFont.ForceViewportRefresh() - Forces QFont to refesh its cached viewport immediately
- Added QFont.PushSoftwareViewport(Viewport viewport) - Pushes a Viewport defined by the application. This is faster than InvalidateViewport() / ForceViewportRefresh() and allows you to render to an FBO with a viewport different to that of the screen.
- Added QFont.PopSoftwareViewport()
=========================== 1.0.1 ===========================
- Compatible with .Net 2.0 +
=========================== 1.0.0 ===========================
- TransformToCurrentOrthogProjection configuration option. This allows pixel-perfect text to be rendered at a size consistent with the current orthogonal projection, independent of screen resolution.
- PushOptions(), and PopOptions() methods. Each QFont object now has a render options stack. This makes reusing the same QFont with different render options significantly cleaner.
- CharacterKerningRules kerning configuration option. Manually configure kerning rules for particular characters
- TextGenerationRenderHint builder configuration option. This allows the render hint used to generate texture fonts from ttf files to be set.
- AlphaEmptyPixelTolerance kerning configuration option. When measuring the bounds of glyphs, and performing kerning calculations, this is the minimum alpha level that is necessary for a pixel to be considered non-empty.
- LockToPixelRatio render option. This allows text to smoothly transition between being locked and unlocked to pixel positions. Useful for smoothly transitioning between moving and static text.
- RefreshViewport static method call. It is necessary to call this when changing viewport settings. This is necessary for efficieny reasons.
- Underscore, quote and double quote characters will now kern properly
- Fixed limitation on downscaling texture fonts (previously glyphs could overlap, throwing an exception)
- Fixed bug where fonts with empty glyphs caused QFont to crash
- Fixed bug in RetargetGlyphRectangleInwards causing an invalid pointer dereference
- Fixed bug whereby it was not possible to set the opacity of the drop shadow
- QFont constructors no longer take a QFontShadowConfiguration. Instead this is now a member of QFontBuilderConfiguration.
- The QFont.FromQFontFile factory methods now takes a QFontLoaderConfiguration. This contains a QFontShadowConfiguration.
- Both QFontBuilderConfiguration and QFontLoaderConfiguration now contain a QFontKerningConfiguration as a member.