I have a series of questions related to character events. I'm fleshing out the backbone for a gui and don't need it working that soon, but I want to avoid a complete redesign in the future.
1) In what release do you expect to implement character events?
2) How will you avoid redundancy between keyboard and character events? Will we get both an A keypress and an 'a' character message? Or will we get a keypress and have to request a translation to character event?
3) How will you handle surrogate pairs? Will character events come with one UTF-32 code-point or as paired UTF-16 events, or with a string?
4) How will you handle keyboard repeat? Can we expect one keyup event for each keydown event? Will we get a keydown event for each character event?
5) Can we turn off key repeat or character message translation?
6) Will there be any differences among the different OSes that you support?