I'm trying to add some constructivity/pragmatism to the font discussion.
Maybe we could discuss use cases/scope of OpenTK fonts?
Here are some use cases of text rendering in multimedia apps' from the top of my head:
- Debugging (headsup, smallish, easy-to-read)
- In-game consoles (headsup, smallish, easy-to-read)
- GUI-widget text (headsup, eyecandy)
- Credits / high score (headsup, eyecandy)
- Decals/info on walls in 3d environments (FPS-games etc.)
- Demo-effects (Star Wars scrolling..)
- In-game entitity info (ontop of NPC's heads etc.)
- In-game message-boxes/chat (RPG games etc.)
(please add to this list..)
Maybe after we decide the priority of these kind of use cases, it is easier to make decisions on technology, API and so on. Without a "mind map" of this kind, talking about implementation is just confusing. What is the scope of OpenTK fonts..?