Hi community, i am new to this forum but i have searched a lot of things in this forum and i have some questions where i would like some guidance.
First of all, i have developed an utility for civil engineers called: Secciones (http://secciones.wordpress.com/2008/07/28/que-es-secciones/) that allows to calculate cross-section properties like Area, Inertia Moments, etc. That program was developed with VS2005 using Winforms and the external Library ZedGraph for the visualization of graphics in 2D.
ZedGraph is nice, it has some built-in functionality like panning, zoom with the mouse, but now i would like to see my cross-section in 3D (by extruding the 2d cross-section) with some perspective and the ability to have panning, zooming, rotating. So, i have these questions:
- At beginning i choose Tao Framework, but doing some research i have found OpenTK that looks interesting and provides some high functionality i would use. My question is: How is OpenTk related with Tao Framework? what is the relation among them?. Does OpenTk depends on it?
- My application need to show graphics inside the form (not the whole form area). I mean showing graphics in a graphic control that is inside my form. Is that possible? (please see the attached image of my program)
- I need to allow the user to interact with the graphics for panning, zooming, rotating and select objects like points or lines. Is that possible?, are there any examples?
- Is there a way to capture the graphic and put it in a report (using the printpreview control)?
- I have found an interesting library called ILNumerics.Net, what is the relation with OpenTk?. Should i use it instead of OpenTk for my purposes? (some clarification will help me a lot!!)
I am really interested on using OpenTk but i need some answers and guidance.