Posted Monday, 10 November, 2008 - 07:11 by the Fiddler
|Project:||The Open Toolkit library|
Calling for contributions!
General guidelines (updated):
- It would be good if the website logo and splash screen logo are exactly the same. To increase recognition. That means it should work at very least on the website's background color and black background. (maybe black outline around it)
- The logo might be shown next to the OpenGL and OpenAL logos. It should not be too freaked out compared to them.
- Rather work with shapes and color, instead of glow, lensflare or other state-of-the-art effect.
- The logo should be sharp, not too blurry.
- People who use OpenTK are software engineers. Some kind of tool or parts used in engineering are good candidates for a symbol or icon. This is not limited to nuts&bolts or gears, think fine mechanics (e.g. clock) or electronics (e.g. computer hardware).
- OpenTK assumes cross-platform through .Net&Mono is the future. No medieval fonts. No anvil. No forge. No brutish tools.
- OpenTK favors productivity over full low-level control. A "simple, yet elegant" logo could imply this.