|Project:||The Open Toolkit library|
This is the version history of OpenTK.Audio, which is OpenTK's OpenAL bindings.
I'm posting it here so it can be discussed and the file "/trunk/Source/OpenTK/OpenAL/History.txt" and it's folder can be removed from SVN, the website seems to be the more appropriate place for it.
Alpha v0.1 - 0.9 (merged)
- The following functions are not bound/imported. Issue of undoing C malloc to prevent memory leaks.
Please use Alut.CreateBuffer* functions instead, which have similar functionality and return a Buffer Handle.
- Disabled Alut.Sleep because it was acting weird, rather use .Net's Thread.Sleep
All functions imported, Bool and Double functions disabled.
- Functions not imported:
- alListeneri, alListener3i, alListeneriv
- alGetListeneri, alGetListener3i, alGetListeneriv
- alGetBooleanv, alGetIntegerv, alGetFloatv, alGetDoublev
- imported, but currently disabled: alGetBoolean, alGetDouble
- alBufferf, alBufferfv, alBufferi, alBuffer3i, alBufferiv
- imported, but currently disabled: alBuffer3f
- alGetBufferf, alGetBuffer3f, alGetBufferfv, alGetBuffer3i, alGetBufferiv
- DopplerVelocity, ChannelMask are deprecated and marked.
- The Token AL_DATA is hidden now, as it returns a pointer to unmanaged memory where the buffer was located previously to calling AL.BufferData(). (It is usually freed after buffering)
Functions not imported:
- alEffectiv, alGetEffectiv
- alFilteriv, alFilterfv, alGetFilteriv, alGetFilterfv
- alAuxiliaryEffectSlotiv, alAuxiliaryEffectSlotfv, alGetAuxiliaryEffectSlotiv, alGetAuxiliaryEffectSlotfv
Misc. changes to API
- Added Function AL.GetErrorString()
- Added overloads for requesting/deleting a single buffer/source at a time.
- Refactored -i -fv -3f functions to be overloads e.g AL.GetSource, AL.GetListener
- X-Ram Extension implemented but untested, as it requires special hardware.
- functions with ushort, uint, ulong marked as not CLS compliant.
- Cleaned up X-Ram, added docu, hid some previously public delegates.
- Cleaned up Efx, largely improved docu, refactored some EfxFilter.FilterXYZ glitches to EfxFilter.XYZ.
- commented out debugging Console.WriteLines, replaced errormessages with Trace.Writeline
- Added description for most enums.
They were merely used to reserve the range 0x0000 - 0x8000 for future filters/effects.
- some spelling errors corrected.
Please note that disabled and not imported functions are left out because there are simply no tokens using them, or they are likely to introduce memory leaks. If you prefer al***fv over al***3f you can request the import here.