Size: 427 bytes
md5_file hash: 84b182dd81dcae257adee95fce421374
First released: 24 June, 2009 - 16:55
Last updated: 24 June, 2009 - 16:57
This is the first preview release of what will become OpenTK 1.0. Major changes:
* Initial support for the OpenCL flat API (OpenTK.Compute).
* New, more versatile GameWindow implementation.
* Support for fullscreen antialiasing.
* Reduced reliance on Windows.Forms (dependency will be removed completely before OpenTK 1.0).
Please note that this is a work-in-progress snapshot release and should only be used for testing purposes.
Visit http://www.opentk.com to report issues or request features.
Mono 2.2 and 2.4 fail to compile this release (bug report: https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=488960). Please compile with Mono 2.0 or 2.4.2+, or use the precompiled binaries.
OpenTK.Graphics.TextPrinter fails to render text with newlines or a layout rectangle on Mono. This is a Mono GDI+ bug.
Example documentation may not show up correctly when running on Mono. This is a Mono issue with RTF parsing.
Joystick input is not supported on MacOS at this time.
OpenGL 3.0 is not supported on MacOS at this time.
The new GameWindow implementation may not function correctly on Mac OS X.
Please note that binary compatibility is not preserved between beta releases.
1. GameWindow.Resize and GameWindow.OnResize have changed signatures:
ResizeEventHandler Resize(object, ResizeEventArgs) -> EventHandler Resize(object, EventArgs)
OnResize(ResizeEventArgs) -> OnResize(EventArgs)
Please replace all instances of "ResizeEventHandler" by "EventHandler and replace "e.Width" / "e.Height" by "this.Width" and "this.Height".
2. All GameWindow.On* functions are now 'protected' instead of 'public'.
Please mark all relevant overrides as 'protected'.
3. Glu is now marked as deprecated.
Please use OpenTK.Math instead.
4. OpenTK.Input.[Keyboard|Mouse|Joystick]Device are marked as obsolete.
Please continue using these classes normally. A future update will provide a much more versatile input API.
1. GL.GetBoolea is renamed to GL.GetBoolean.
Please replace all instances of the former by GL.GetBoolean.
1. OpenTK 0.9.8 replaces several instances of the "All" and "Version*" enums with strongly-typed equivalents. This is a breaking change. If you are affected by this change, replace these enums with the ones suggested by your compiler.
The 'v' suffix has been removed from several OpenTK.Graphics.GL functions. Please search and replace any of the following functions (list non-inclusive):
Uniform1v -> Uniform1
Materialv -> Material
Lightv -> Light
2. Several instances of the "Version12" enum have been replaced with strongly-typed equivalents. This is a breaking change that affects programs using the imaging subset of OpenGL 1.2.
If you are affected by this change, please replace all relevant instances of "Version12" with the correct enum, as indicated by your compiler.
3. OpenTK 0.9.8 removes several OpenGL overloads that take arrays of a single item. This is a breaking change. If you are affected by this change, please use the 'ref' or 'out' overload for the relevant function.
OpenTK 0.9.7 replaces several instances of the "All" and "Version30" enums with strongly-typed equivalents. This is a breaking change that potentially affects programs using OpenGL 3.0 functionality. If you are affected by this change, please replace the relevant instances of "All" or "Version30" with the correct enum, as reported by your IDE.
OpenTK 0.9.7 also fixes the naming of several core and extension functions ending in "Instanced", "Indexed" or "Varyings". If you are affected by this change, please add the missing 'd' or 's' to the relevant functions.
[Legend: complete('+') | WIP('*') | missing('-')] ------------------------- OpenTK 0.9.8-1 -> 0.9.9 ------------------------- + OpenTK + Compute + Initial support for the OpenCL flat API. + Input + Keyboard/Mouse/JoystickDevice are now marked as obsolete. + GameWindow + New properties: Bounds, Size, Location, ClientRectangle, ClientSize, Icon. + Size should now contain the correct value inside the GameWindow constructor. + The GameWindow should now start at the center of the specified DisplayDevice (Windows-only at the moment). + GameWindow no longer relies on Windows.Forms. + Graphics + Glu is now marked as obsolete. + Support for multisampled contexts (Windows-only at the moment).