The Open Toolkit is a free, cross-platform library that allows.Net/Mono programs to use OpenGL and OpenAL. It is intuitive, fast, cross-platform and usable by all .Net/Mono languages.
- Create cutting-edge graphics with OpenGL 4.4 and OpenGL ES 3.0.
- Integrate 3d into Windows.Forms, WPF or GTK# applications.
- Write once run everywhere: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android and iOS.
- Use strong types and inline documentation to improve your code flow and catch errors sooner.
To run OpenTK programs you will need:
- (Runtime) .Net 2.0 or higher on Windows; the Mono Framework on Linux and Mac OS X. For smartphones, you will need Xamarin Studio (commercial).
- (Graphics) A video card with OpenGL drivers.
- (Audio) A sound card with OpenAL drivers. On Windows, use OpenAL Soft (included with OpenTK).
- (Desktop) Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Linux or Mac OS X. (Smartphones) Android 2.3+ or iOS.
To develop an OpenTK program, you will need an IDE like MonoDevelop (all platforms) or Visual Studio (Windows-only). OpenTK is written in C# but can be used with any .Net language, so pick the language of your choice (F#, VB.Net, C++/CLI, IronPython, ...)
OpenTK is a large project that runs on a huge number of different configurations. It is impossible to test every single configuration beforehand, but we will fix any issues we are aware of - so if you encounter a bug, please report it!
|1.1.0-stable||2014-Feb-19||585 bytes||Recommended for 1.1|